Introduction to caring in Edinburgh
10:30 - 15:00
Becoming a carer can be a sharp learning curve for many of us. We can find ourselves in the position where we want/need to learn about lots of new things. This training day helps carers answer some of their key questions.
Duration: 1 week
Who is this course for?
This day is ideal for carers at the beginning of their caring journey or thinking about accessing support for the first time.
- VOCAL Services – more about what we do and how we can help.
- Money Matters – welfare benefits entitlements and how to help someone else with financial decisions.
- Support in the Community – how can health and social care support carers and people with health problems to live well in their own homes.
What carers will get from this course
- Information about support for carers and the people they care for.
- Information about who to contact and when to contact them.
Please note a light lunch will be provided.