Introduction to managing another person’s affairs
Wed 6 October, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Do you look after someone else’s affairs? Join us for this one off seminar during Challenge Poverty Week. Includes a range of topics and speakers.
Duration: 1 week
Who is this online session for?
This event is open to carers residing in or caring for a person in Edinburgh and Midlothian.
This event is also open to professionals. If you are a professional please do not book here, please book via Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-managing-another-persons-affairs-registration-168746293707
Outcomes of this online session
By the end of the seminar carers will have information and support on how to manage another person’s affairs.
- 0930 – 0945 Setting the scene – Carole Kelly.
- 0945 – 1000 Keynote Address – Amanda Kerr – Office of the Public Guardian Scotland.
- 1000 – 1015 Appointeeship with DWP – Andy Egerton.
- 1015 – 1055 Legal measures to manage the affairs of another person – Stewart Dunbar, Solicitor.
- 1055 – 1115 Tea Break
- 1115 – 1145 Managing the money – Stephen Whitby, Independent Financial Adviser.
- 1145 – 1215 Question and Answer Panel – Amanda, Stewart, Stephen, Andy.
- 1215 – 1230 Concluding Remarks and Close – Carole Kelly.
You can join us for the whole seminar or join for the talks that interest you. If you have any questions for the Q&A session at 11.45am please email them to AEgerton@vocal.org.uk
in advance of the event.
This event will be delivered online via Zoom WEBINAR. Details of how to join the event will be sent you via email once you have registered. Please note, if you do not get an email with Zoom details for the please contact VOCAL on 0131 622 6666.