Long Term Care
10:30 - 13:00
There are quite a few practical and financial things to think about when someone moves to a care home. This course provides lots of information about the processes.
Duration: 2 weeks
Who is this course for?
This course is for carers who are interested in understanding what happens and how are things funded when someone moves into a care home.
- Week one – Deciding to move, assessments and selecting a care home.
- Week two – Paying for a place in a care home.
What carers will get from this course
- Information about how carers are involved in the process of someone moving to a care home.
- Information about Local Authority involvement in the process of someone moving to a care home.
- Information about how a care home place is paid for.
- Information about what happens to the cared for person’s former home.