10:30 - 12:30
In its simplest form mindfulness is a mental training or life skill. The course aims to provide you with the tools to develop your own meditation practice and also to recognise thought patterns and learn to deal with them in a constructive way.
Duration: 1 week
Who is this course for?
Carers who would like to reflect on and explore their lifestyle, mood and stress levels.
An introduction to the theory of mindfulness and the chance to experience mindfulness in practice
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Please wear loose comfortable clothes so you feel relaxed and can stretch if necessary.
What carers will get from this course
- This course will give carers a chance to try mindfulness to see if they would like to participate in a longer course.
- An increased understanding of what mindfulness is.
- A number of techniques and approaches to use at home and in everyday life.
- An opportunity meet and learn with other carers.
- Reduced stress, better coping skills and reduced anxiety.
It is strongly recommended that you attend a taster session before enrolling on a longer mindfulness course.