Respitality Trip: Newhailes Estate Community Gardens (November)
10:00 - 13:00
Help the rangers at Newhailes Estate to build and develop their new community garden by joining the gardening team and harvest some edible goodies from the kitchen garden – a great opportunity to enjoy getting your hands mucky and spending some time outdoors!
Duration: 1 week
Who is this trip for?
This trip is for a carer and companion.
- 09.45am – Meet at Newhailes Estate – (The Stone Archway)
- 10.00am – Go to the Community Gardens – explore and get digging!
- 1pm – Picnic/Coffee in Café/Explore Newhailes woodland walks at your leisure.
What carers will get from this trip
- A social event.
- Time away from your caring role.
- A day trip.
- Get out in the outdoors & explore & learn.
Café onsite if you would like to purchase a refreshment or bring packed lunch with you (no refreshments included).
Please ensure you wrap up warm and wear sturdy outdoor footwear which you don’t mind getting muddy on the day.