Shaping the care package for the person you support
10:00 - 12:30
Learning about support and services and how to access them can be a sharp learning curve for lots of carers.
Duration: 2 weeks
Who is this course for?
Carers who are supporting someone who would benefit from additional support
What support is possible and how do we go about accessing it.
How is support provided and what is self directed support.
What carers will get from this course
- What support is available from the local authority.
- How to get started in accessing support.
- How to make the most of assessments.
- Knowledge about how packages of care work.
- How self directed support could help carers and the people they support.
- A chance to meet other carers in similar situations and learn with and from them.