Side by Side with Parkinson’s (Libertus)
Mon 21 October, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Practical information and advice for family members and friends supporting someone who has Parkinson’s.
Duration: 6 weeks (21st October – 25th November)
Who is this course for?
This course is tailored specifically to carers supporting someone who has Parkinson’s.
This course will offer –
- Information on the drugs that may be prescribed.
- The role of the Parkinson’s Nurse Specialists.
- The role of the Parkinson’s Local Advisers and the help they can offer.
- Information from multidisciplinary therapists, i.e. Speech, Physio and Occupational.
- Sharing – an opportunity to off-load and discuss difficulties, frustrations etc.
What carers will get from this course
- Increased understanding of what happens when someone has Parkinson’s.
- Increased understanding of and confidence managing the symptoms of Parkinson’s.
- An opportunity to learn and share with others in a similar situation.