Smart House visit
Wed 21 August, 2019 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Technology can make life easier for people with mobility, memory, or learning issues and their carers.
Duration: 1 week
Who is this course for?
Any carer but it might be of particular interest to those who are supporting someone with dementia, a child with additional needs, learning disability, mobility problems or a stroke.
Smart home technology that supports safe and independent living. Come and try technology such as:
- Voice-assisted home controls
- Computer access
- Digital devices (mobile phones, tablets)
- Personal digital assistants
- Home security
- Telecare and community alarms
What carers will get from this course
- Increased awareness of what support is available to help some people live safely in their own home.
- An opportunity to share and learn with others in similar situations.