Understanding Dementia (Westerhailes)
10:00 - 12:30
This course provides information about what is dementia, treatments and coping strategies, money matters and decision making as well as support for carers.
Duration: 6 weeks
Who is this course for?
This course is tailored specifically to carers supporting someone with moderate dementia.
- Week One: Understanding Dementia.
- Week Two: Medication.
- Week Three: Accessing Support.
- Week Four: Money Matters.
- WEEK FIVE: Changing Relationships.
- WEEK SIX: Looking After Yourself.
What carers will get from this course
- The course aims to provide information on the key aspects of dementia, and how it can affect people we care about.
- The focus of the course is to inform the families, friends and carers of people with dementia about the illness, symptoms, treatments, and support.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar